The R.E. department aims to:
- Stimulate pupils interest and enjoyment in Religious Education.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural and mental development of all pupils.
- Prepare the pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Help the pupils to understand the teachings and practices of Christianity and other major world religions.
- Encourage all pupils to develop their own beliefs and values.
- Raise their self-esteem and give them the confidence and ability to reflect on and to express their own feelings, reactions and responses to the world around them.
- Help the pupils to understand the effect of religion on the individual and on society.
Christianity and Judaism
- Rules for living.
- Light, as a symbol.
- Celebrations-related to key figures.
- Leaders in Religious Communities
- Creation stories and ultimate issues they raise.
Church of England, Wiltshire
Taj Mahal by Amal Mongia
Map Of Palestine
Christianity and Buddhism
- Founders of faith.
- Sacred and secular Christmas.
- Expressive and visual arts in religion.
- Ideas about God.
- Human responsibility for the environment.
- Suffering and happiness.
Christianity, Islam and Sikhism
- Who am I? Positive thinking, how we interact with others.
- God for all faiths or none?
- What is the nature of God in Islam
- Jesus - Man or God?
- Christian justice.
- How do we know what is right or wrong?
Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism
- Ultimate issues
- Moving on, up or round in circles?
- Jesus - Was He a trouble maker?
- Is there power in peace?
- How do ordinary people live in extraordinary times?
- What makes a journey special?