About our School
Read our latest outstanding Ofsted Report (June 2012)
- Edwinstree aims to give the best experiences of learning, to provide all pupils with life-changing opportunities for now and their future.
- We are a family; we care and support each other - no matter what.
- We are all unique and accept everyone, regardless of culture and religion.
- We inspire happy and enthusiastic pupils within a friendly atmosphere.
- We are proud of our school and aim high.
- We are ambassadors in our community and in the world.
The Governors and Staff recognise that these aims can best be achieved through a close partnership between home and school.
Edwinstree Middle School supports the work of the BRAVE Trust
The Buntingford, Royston and Villages Ecumenical (BRAVE) Trust was formed by the local churches in early 2005 with the aim to employ Christian schools workers, in cooperation with local schools. Margaret and Martha visit us weekly to run "ASK" groups for all pupils at lunchtime.
They also lead acts of collective worship and support Christian aspects of Religious Education in the curriculum.
The BRAVE Trust Vision
We aim to help young people to:
- Think honestly for themselves about their own beliefs and values.
- Come to an understanding of the Christian faith and Christianity today through open enquiry.
- Create an environment where no question is forbidden.
How are we planning to achieve this?
- Support and encourage Christian teachers and pupils in middle and upper schools.
- Develop strong links with Headteachers and Heads of RE departments.
- Help set up or strengthen existing Christian groups in schools.
- Take assemblies and occasional RE lessons.
- Initiate or support prayer groups for every school.
- Enable links between schools and local Christian churches.
You can find out more on the BRAVE Trust web site.