Design & Technology
Every Child Matters in Design & Technology at Edwinstree School
Overview of KS2 and KS3
Design And Technology
Mrs S Williams
Food Technology Lead Teacher:
Mrs E Forster
Resistant Materials Lead Teacher:
KS2 Technology Teachers:
Mrs J Chipperfield
KS2/3 Technology Teacher:
KS2 & KS3 Technician:
Design Technology Overview of KS2 and KS3
- Learn to think and intervene creatively to improve the quality of life.
- The subject calls for pupils to be autonomous and creative problem solvers, as individuals and as members of a team. (KS3 National Strategy)
- Learning and undertaking activities in Design and Technology contribute to achievement of the curriculum aims for all young people to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
(QCA Design and Technology KS3 Programme of Study)
- All pupils taught in half-class mixed ability groups.
- Support for inclusion as appropriate.
- Pupils rotate through the year to cover all areas of Design and Technology Curriculum.