P.E. DEPARTMENT AIMS
- To provide the children with the opportunity to gain pleasure, satisfaction and success in a wide variety of physical activities thus fostering a life-long interest in sport.
- To develop and promote an understanding of health and fitness.
- To develop an appreciation of the concepts of fair play, honest competition and good sportsmanship.
- To provide regular opportunities to develop a range of skills and increase knowledge and understanding.
- To foster aesthetic and creative development.
- To develop self-esteem through the acquisition of physical competence and poise.
- To develop the personal and social skills of each individual and practice good citizenship.
- To develop an appreciation of the natural environment and what it can offer by way of interests, involvement, achievement and personal development.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of safe practice in different contexts.
- To contribute towards an understanding and knowledge of other cultures through physical education.
- To teach leadership skills and provide opportunity for pupils to develop their skills
The PE Dept Recent Successes
Year 6, 7 & 8 all years runners up in Middle Schools Indoor Athletics Championships.
Year 6 High Fives Netball Runners up in Middle Schools Festival
Year 7 and 8 Winners of Middle Schools Cross Country Championships.
Year 8 boys District Champions in 6 a-side football
Year 8 boys District Champions 11 a-side football
Year 5/6 'B' team won N.E Herts cricket competition. The 'A' team were runners up in their competition
U13 girls representing East Herts in Tag Rugby at Herts School Games.
U13 girls finished 4th out of 24 school in Herts Athletics League
Girls Athletics teams (as part of joint team with Freman College) win the Bishops Stortford and District Schools Championships.
Edwinstree/Freman College also become the overall Athletics.
District Champions when boys and girls results are combined
The U13 boys are 3rd in the Bishops Stortford and District Cross Country Championships
U13 boys are runners up in NE Herts table tennis competition.
U13 girls finish in 3rd place
U12 and U13 boys rugby teams win NE Herts tournaments
U12 Girls Runners-up NE Herts basketball tournament
U11 Mixed basketball runners-up NE Herts Basketball tournament
U12 Girls runners-up in Bishops Stortford & District Swimming championships. U12 boys 6th place.
U12 Girls win NE Herts district 5-a-side futsal competition.
U12 and U13 athletics teams runners-up in NE Herts Sportshall Championships
U11 Netball team runners-up in NE Herts competition.
U12 boys rugby team finish 4th in group in County Finals.
U13 Girls rugby team finish 4th in group in regional finals.
U12 Girls finish 3rd at Herts School Games in Futsal
U12 Girls finish 7th at Herts School Games in athletics
U12 Boys finish 10th in Herts School Games in athletics.
U12 Boys win Bishops Stortford & District 6-a-side football championships.