PE Sports Premium
What is the Sports Premium?
The government spent over £450 million between 2013 - 2016 to support the provision of quality Physical Education and school sport to primary-age pupils. The funding was secured for an additional three years. This extra funding is provided directly to Headteachers for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
The purpose of the Funding
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example:
- Hire specialist PE Teachers or qualified Sports Coaches
- Support and involve the less active pupils by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- Provide resources and training in PE
- Run extra competitions or clubs to increase pupil participation in school games
- Run sporting activities or provide transport or equipment to make such activities possible